Primus implemented a modern business intelligence environment for a global company based on Snowflake and applied the latest architectural principles that deliver near real-time reporting, Data Science and AI capabilities.
- GDPR-Compliant Global Real-Time Reporting: The implementation ensures GDPR-compliant, global real-time reporting, assuring adherence to stringent data privacy regulations.
- Cost Savings: A single source of truth and expertise in Snowflake has led to significant cost savings and streamlined data management.
- Enhanced Data Trust & Transparency: The new environment fosters increased trust and transparency in data, which is vital for confident decision-making.
- Self-Service Architecture: The self-service architecture empowers business insights and citizen data scientists, enabling more efficient data exploration.
- Accelerated Data Science & BI Development: The architecture and robust data governance accelerates data science and business intelligence development.
- Business Trust in Data: The environment instils trust in the data through effective data governance, transparency, and meticulous balancing of policies and procedures.
The development and implementation of this modernized environment were reliant on several key technologies, including Snowflake as the Cloud Data Warehouse, FiveTran for near real-time ELT (Extract, Load, Transform) from over 30 database systems, PowerBI and ThoughtSpot for data visualization, AWS for additional ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) using S3 and Glue, Collibra for Data Governance, Catalog, Lineage, Profiling, and data quality, and Ataccama for Reference data and Master data management.
The project was managed following Agile development processes, implementing Modern Data Architecture Patterns, and leveraging Snowflake expertise in cost management.